Client: Crown Workspace
EXPERT CONSULTANCY AND GUIDANCE TO SUPPORT AND DELIVER CSR VALUES
DURING BRAND TRANSITION AND INTO THE FUTURE.
In late 2018 Crown Workspace acquired Premier Workplace Services – a long-term Honeymaker client – to create a larger business specialising in workplace relocation services such as commercial relocation, refurbishment, IT services, storage and sustainable clearances.
As part of the acquisition, Crown Workspace wished to uphold and develop the commitment to the circular economy and sustainability that ran through the core of Premier’s business, taking forward the expertise that had been built over 10 years by Ann and the Premier Sustain team.
Expert guidance was required to support CSR values during the transition process: maintaining Premier’s solid foundation of sustainability and integrating these core values across Crown’s UK and Ireland operation and sharing best practice with the wider global Crown family.
The full rebrand was scheduled for completion in early 2020.
To provide this specialist leadership and guidance through the transition period and into a future founded upon responsible business values, Ann took on the consultancy role of Head of Sustainable Development, reporting directly to the board of Crown Workspace Ltd.
Through Ann’s leadership, and supported by the Honeymaker team, a strategic program has been developed to ensure that Crown Workspace’s sustainability agenda embraces the principles of responsible business. A substantial investment of time and resources has been dedicated to improvement and innovation in this this area.
Working with internal and external stakeholders we are building the foundations, plans and skills to:
- Develop existing services to become even more sustainable and circular
- Position Crown Workspace Ltd. as a market leader in sustainable workplace services
- Support clients’ own transitions towards sustainability
- Extend the range of sustainable and circular business services we can bring to market
- Define and build a longer-term strategic approach to meet UN Sustainability Goals
- Guide internal teams towards better internal sustainability practices
- Build up data and metrics capturing the benefits of a sustainable business transition.
- Share knowledge and experience to push the circular agenda in the workplace industry
A vital part of positioning the Crown Workspace brand is to share sustainability expertise within the wider industry. Integral to this aspect of the project is developing opportunities for networking and participating in relevant events, such as representing Crown Workspace on the BITC Circular Economy Task Force and the IWFM Sustainability Special Interest Group and speaking regularly at events, including most recently the Workplace Trends Conference and Circular Economy Week London.
This video is from a presentation by Ann for the Workplace Trends Conference, discussing cost-effective reuse and refurbishment for sustainable workplace change:
We are delighted that Crown Workspace has embraced a commitment to building a business strategy around sustainability and circular economy, developing upon the strong foundation created through 10 years of support and investment that was devoted to the Premier Sustain brand.
This is a new project for Honeymaker and we will share updates and developments regularly as we forge forward with a sustainable future in the workplace industry.
We are happy to provide references and always welcome opportunities to network and share values, aims and experiences within the circular economy field.
Honeymaker Services Provided:
- CSR Consultancy
- Brand transition guidance
- Development of sustainable service offering
- Ongoing positioning of brand in relation to sustainability
- Sustainability strategy development
- Guidance for internal teams
- Assessment and planning around UN Sustainability Goals
- Networking and knowledge sharing